• South African Compensators (Pty) Ltd (SAC) was incorporated in October 1971 as a subsidiary of IWKA and later IWKA-Reiger and Kompensatoren GmbH.
• Initially the company imported compensators into South Africa from Germany and in 1975; SAC locally manufactured its first metal compensators.
• In 1994, SAC was integrated into Steinmuller Mining and Piping Systems (SMP) as a result of the merger of three Steinmuller Group Companies.
• The enlarged company operated as a division of SMP until 1998 when the Mining Division was sold.
• As of the 1st of October 2003, SAC proudly became a 100% black-owned and fully black-managed company.
• SAC has its manufacturing facilities in Heidelberg, South Africa.
• SAC is accepted as a main supplier to the Power Generation, Chemical, Pulp & Paper, Mining, Food and Steel Industries.
• We are a Proudly South African company, striving to fulfil its obligations to the industry by delivering service excellence and high quality, locally manufactured, products.
• Our highly regarded reputation in the industry stems from our main asset, our people, who have created this reputation through loyalty, commitment and expertise. The majority of our staff have been specially trained with many years of experience.
• Our products are designed and/or manufactured to National and International standards.
• We encourage internal innovation so as to continually provide our valued clients with improved product solutions.
• We foster an environment of collaboration amongst all our valued internal and external stakeholders.
• We promote honesty, integrity and transparency in all we do.
• We care about our People, Suppliers, Clients and the Environment in which we operate.
South African Compensators’ main objective is to deliver locally manufactured products, of the highest quality and according to international standards, within budget and on time.
South African Compensators strives to be one of the leading South African manufacturers of Expansion Joints, Pressure Vessels, Automotive Bellows, Pipe Supports, Machining, General Fabrication and Finned Economizer Elements (Single & Double Fin).